Bergamot was named after a town in Italy--Bergamo--where Bergamot oil was first marketed. This citrus oil was most commonly used in Italian folk medicine for fevers and other medicinal purposes for many years.
- Reduces insomniaRelaxes and calms
- RefreshesUpliftsBalances oily skin
- Eases tight muscles
- Botanical name: Citrus bergamia
- Origin: Italy
- Extraction Method: Cold pressed
- Plant Part: Fruit Peel
- Plant Description: Bergamot (evergreen) belongs to the Rutaceae Family, native to the Canary Islands. The tree may grow from 2 - 10 m. tall. Bergamot doesn't grow in the wild, but instead is cultivated. The long branches are covered with spines. The tree yields small pear-shaped fruit which are not edible but are useful for the oil extracted from the peel/rind.
- Aroma: Citrus warm floral scent, bright spicy, savory fruity aroma
- Note: Middle
- Consistency: Thin
- Color: Light yellowish green to yellowish brown liquid
- Blends Well With: Black Pepper, Clary Sage, Cypress, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Mandarin, Nutmeg, Orange, Rosemary, Sandalwood, Vetiver and Ylang-ylang
- Main Constituents: Limonene, linalyl acetate
Kid Safe: Yes, 2+
Pregnancy Safe: Yes, consult doctor
Breastfeeding Safe: Yes, consult doctor
Cat Safe: No
Dog Safe: Yes
Special Dilution Rate: None
More Safety Info: This oil is phototoxic. Avoid spending time in direct sunlight or a tanning bed after using this oil topically. Areas exposed to light may become seriously burned. It may be used at 1-2 drops per ounce of carrier oil (0.4%) without being phototoxic.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Bergamot Essential Oil 15 ml
We are confident that you will love your SIMPLY EARTH oils. If you any reason are not 100% satisfied, SIMPLY EARTH will exchange them for another oil for up to 365 from the date of your purchase. To process an exchange, please email your request to email@example.com.